May 14, 2010

Kids say the darndest things and kids come up with the craziest ideas. On a daily basis I am impressed, disturbed or completely confused at what kids come up with. I've seen carts for toys to go down the slide in, I've seen life size pac-mans with really sharp teeth that try to eat me, I've seen kids pretend to be 24-yr old grannies. But then this week I was asked to join a new secret club, and I felt like a proud mama.

The 'Save the World club'. Just a little club set up by a brother and sister. Much like girl guides or scouts you collect badges when you compete certain things. You could save the earthworms, save the butterflies, pick up litter, help all the injured or turn the lights off. They were simple ideas, some more far-fetched than others but from somebody so young it's a challenge to how we treat the world.

So I will certainly be trying my best to earn my badges before the end of the school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment