January 6, 2016

Turning *whispers* 30...

I don't want to write a long whiny blog post about how it feels to realise my last evening as a twenty something. Truth be told, I ordered chinese food and watched a disney movie. I plan to go to bed early because the first week back to morning alarms after Christmas is kicking my ass! (Awwww...do you remember Christmas?) 

What I do want to say is that my 20's were many things. They were affirming, confusing, amazing, really hard work, rewarding, sometimes lonely and fairly embarrassing at times. They were filled with life lessons and unforgettable experiences that have shaped who I am as an adult. I remember feeling so unsatisfied at times when things didn't work out or when I didn't reach my goals but now looking back overall, it feels really satisfying to have made it here. It feels a little like I've lived a lifetime already.

I learned lots in my 20's. Tonnes. Most of it I can't remember but the really important stuff I do...

  • I'm a cat person. A total cat lady. Yay for cute cat videos on facebook.
  • It actually does matter what people think about you. But only the right people. You have to figure out who they are.
  • You will fall in love and it will be great. And until you do, savor that time to strengthen friendships that will last a lifetime.
  • Life is one big balancing act and that will never change. You will always be working to improve something but make that a good thing and enjoy the journey.
  • Be prepared to take risks for what you want and follow your instincts. 


So now I'm looking forward to my 30's. Because I'm ready for it. My hopes and aspirations have shifted and matured and it's perfect timing. This decade I hope to get married, buy my first home, start a family and just continue to be happy. I still hope for unexpected opportunities and that the few things I'm still working on might fall into place but one day at a time. And the next few are for celebrating. Grab your hair crimpers, blue eye-shadow and leg warmers because this weekend we are going back to the 80's where it all started. I can't wait!




No comments:

Post a Comment