April 19, 2010

Ten reasons why I love Formula 1.

1. It's my 'me' time. For 3 hours on a Sunday afternoon, I block out the crap and focus on nothing. It's therapy.

2. F1 crashes are bad-ass. One mistake can take out half the field! With style.

3. Really intelligent, talented, dedicated and ambitous people. (There are also arrogant jack-asses but such is life).

4. The F1 calender covers the entire globe. Imagine being a part of it for even just one year.

5. Neeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooow.

6. The Chain. Has got to be one of the most epic soundtracks of our time. It this doesn't pump you up, then you should consider mood enhancers.

7. The community.

8. The fantastic photography.

9. Teamwork. Between man and machine, between driver and pit wall, between pit crew and engineers. The relationships withing F1 teams intrigue me. I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the paddock, then write a book on what everyone is really like and how they interact.

10. Jenson Button. He will always be my crush but now that I'm 'grown up', I still really like this guy. I think he has really proved himself worthy of his status and continues to do so despite many people's low expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment