August 23, 2010

We found out a few weeks ago that Grannie has lung cancer, with a few added complications. I surprised myself at how upset I was when I found out. I'm more of a 'hold-it-in' kinda girl. You know...I am so lucky to still have grandparents at 24 years old but it hurts so much more having had her there all my life, and knowing that sometime very soon, she won't be anymore. Back in the day, while both parents worked, Grannie took care of us. I stayed over at her house every Friday night until I was 13. When I 'ran away' as a stroppy teenager, I went to her house. She sent me cards, always with angels on the front, while I lived at university and in recent years we've discovered that we share alot of opinions on religion, politics, relationships and people.

I don't know what's going to happen or when it's going to happen but the thought that she won't be around when I get married or to even meet the boy I want to marry, breaks my heart a little.

But you still just get up everyday and live like everythings ordinary. Until something extra-ordinary happens and you're forced to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment