October 28, 2010

Before I go on; it's important for you to know, dear and valued reader, that this particular blog post was inspired and indeed written during an R.E. awareness class running straight through my dinner time. Yes, I'll admit that the course was optional, but you'll excuse me for assuming that an R.E. course may have something to do with religion, Yes? Well no, actually. I can tell you right here and now that I've been staring at a generic desktop background for nearly an hour, and handed a sheet about boatmen. And not fishermen who became disciples for Jesus; just normal boatmen who crash their boat.

I have no idea what this little man, who resembles a mole we once saw in Farthing Wood, is talking about. I do look up every so often to see what he's saying but it's like his mouth is definitely moving and I can see it moving but it's just a monotonous hum that's reaching me.

Even if I try my absolute hardest to concentrate, telling myself that what this guy is saying could save somebody's life some day, I can't do it. It's like a displacement reaction in Chemistry. You know...when a more reactive metal replaces a boring unreactive one? Well...what moley up there is saying is being displaced by EVERY thought I can think of. What am I doing for dinner tonight? When was the last time I did laundry? Why are the blackboards in here green?? Is it just me or is that guy chewing his gum really loudly???

Alot of people sign in and then leave before he gets going but I'm trying out a new focused approach. 100% dedication. Now I'm wondering why. I don't think it's working very well and I'm always tired. I have 40mins left to endure folks, but maybe now you'll understand why I don't blog so much at university.

Unless you would like to hear my thoughts on the color of blackboards?

No comments:

Post a Comment