October 12, 2010

Being back at university is difficult. Lesson plans and literary reviews and practical write-ups. Suddenly, everyday is defined by your to-do list and everything else falls through the cracks. Weeks go by and you realise you haven't seen that person. It's been days since you text this person. And then there is the fear that accompanies realizing how fast the weeks are flying past. It's Monday today, and I'm still stuck in last Thursday.

And I think I've figured out what my problem is. It is essentially my inability to think past today. See the bigger picture. Think further down the line than the weekend. I've always been a live for the now kinda girl, deal with the consequences later. Long term plans are something that other people do. And it usually does get me into trouble. But now is the time to be thinking long term. Remind mysekf that it'll be worth it when I graduate a teacher of sorts and motivate my little brain to kick into high gear.

No comments:

Post a Comment