January 22, 2011

Another week down and just one more left of teaching placement. And in true form debs, you're just starting to settle where you are and, dare I say it, enjoy the place? After all the weeks complaining, doubting and feeling tired all the time, it ended up being not so bad. Classic debs.

So, in reflection of the past 11 weeks, I've been trying to figure out why my attitude has been so unpredictable this year. And so far, I've concluded that I'm a creature of simple habits and I like routine. I'm not organized, but I'm methodical. The reason I have settled now is because I have a system where I get my work done, get my me time and get my people time. Which, admittedly, has been easier living at home for a month but next week it's time to move back up with the girls. And don't get me wrong, I like our house alot and already have some great stories to tell but I struggle to sync my teacher routine with my student routine. They're not very compatible. As a teacher, I need to be professional and very hard working, get plenty of rest and prioritize all the time. As a student, I like to be silly and have fun and neglect responsibility in favor of hanging out watching tv with my housemates.

So I guess the goal for the next 6 months is to try and make it all work. Find a way to be a great teacher and achieve lots, but still enjoy my time as a student with my housemates without feeling guilty. It's a normal and totally possible progession, right?

(P.S. I've been listening to Iron and Wine's new record, "Kiss each other clean" and I like it. Easy listening at it's easiest!)

No comments:

Post a Comment