March 3, 2011

If you're a regular reader, you know that I have joined the masses of graduates looking for permanent work. Although my teaching qualification is a tad more specific, the competition is still stiff and I'm finding myself quite stressed by the entire process...and it's only interview #1. If I'm being realistic, there will be many more nights like this one.

At this point, with my interview at lunch time tomorrow, there is little more I can do. It's an impossible task learning an A-level Chemistry course in a few days, and my short term memory has reached full capacity for sure. I've been talking through my answers all day, they are starting to merge into one non-sensical verbal mess.

I'm nervous, naturally. I'm worried that I'll come across as incompetent. Worst of all, I'm scared to admit how much I want the job. But even if I don't shine through tomorrow over somebody with more class or more experience or more intelligence, I know I'm going to love teaching because I'm good at it. I just need one interview panel to give me the opportunity and they won't regret it.

I'm going to spend the rest of my Thursday evening calming my nerves, picking out a killer interview ensemble, and one last question run through will send me to bed looking forward to the weekend. Think of me tomorrow everyone! I don't believe in luck, just faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment