March 29, 2011

Well folks, it's been another wee while. But this time, it's not because I'm hiding beneath layers of lesson plans and an overwhelming feeling of hopelessness. This time, I find myself peacefully settled, enjoying my teaching practice and time outside of school.

I've blogged about this before but time and time again I am reminded of the importance of perseverance; a character trait that one is very fortunate to have naturally. During my first teaching experience it was the middle of a very dark, very cold winter and it was tough going. I found everything difficult to get used to, the environment, the schedule and apart from a small handful of friendships, I was very much flying solo. A few months of perseverance and it's spring and it's sunny and I'm sailing along nicely. I'm over halfway through and I enjoy going to school each day, I have settled into a routine that works well for me and the people I spend my days with are so welcoming and helpful.

There is definitely a challenge there somewhere. I haven't quite figured out what it is exactly, but it's something based on my tendency to judge situations before I even find myself a part of them. Judgements that are based on hearsay and notions that appear to come from nowhere. No more judgements. I continue to be blessed in all my life experiences and it's time to stop wishing the weeks away, always looking forward to or sometimes dreading something in the future. One day at a time debs.

1 comment: