June 17, 2011

I have an announcement to make...I am a qualified teacher of Science. That course I have been complaining about for months is finished. Sure I'm currently unemployed but that won't last forever. I have a killer CV so I just have to be patient and look out for the opportunities.

What is bothering me is I find myself a little lost. I think a therapist might refer to it as a transition stage. One would think I would have worked out how to re-adjust faster by now but it hits me, like a bus, everytime. I had grown accustomed to living a half student half yuppie lifestyle in my 3 person house designed for 5. I even accidentally stumbled across a guy I liked! But now it is summer and people head off to do their own thing and for me that means move out and work out what the heck I am going to do for 3 months. I'm having a fight with my traveling bug and I honestly don't know who will win yet.

If I could tell you one thing about being a newbie teacher, it would be that your emotions resemble that of a nomad. For one year of your life you put everything on hold and replace it with lesson plans and sleep. Everything is amplified. Then before you know it, it's finished and you're qualified and you're not sure what to do. I couldn't even tell you what day of the week it is most of the time. It feels like a Saturday everyday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment