May 7, 2012

You can always tell what's going on with me by the post frequency on my blog. When weeks go by with no word, I'm just teaching and tutoring away with little pockets of sleep and friends, both of which I find equally enjoyable, or I just don't have the inspiration. I have a lovely following here, but I fear that this may quickly whittle down to zero should I start blogging chemistry lessons and pupil anecdotes.

A few weeks ago, I started thinking more about my inner health...spiritual, mental, intellectual. Words like that. Don't worry, I'm not about to hire a life coach or anything new age like that. It's probably something that's been in the back of my mind for a long time but it takes me a while to deal with it, because more often than not my thoughts are just passing ships. Like the time I thought I could open up a diner in a trailer somewhere or get away with never having to have a job. Well, this baby docked. I'm a confident person and I'm very happy to do my own thing and live by myself. But recently my confidence has taken a big hit, and I'm spending less time with friends and family. I'm very focused on my teaching, and securing a job but that can't be the only reason. When I got back from Canada, I was so high on life. I was confident, I had plans, my faith was so strong and cynicism was something other people had to deal with. But at some point, or gradually, all these things faded a little bit. But I want them all back. And that's what I'm working on.

I've also been watching Gilmore Girls again recently. I watched it as a teen and loved it, and I'm loving it all over again. It makes the evenings spent prepping lessons and marking papers so much nicer, and with a crazy commute to school and an even crazier tutoring schedule, nothing beats coming home to a sofa and some simple entertainment before bed. It's a show all about small town life, community, relationships like the ones we all have in real life, having big ambitions and working hard to achieve them. No terrorists or other apocalyptic tragedy. Nothing supernatural. No mythical creatures. No drugs, sex on screen or hardcore crimes. Just a little bit of rock n roll. If I have a daughter in the future, I can't wait to watch this show with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment