March 23, 2013

My goodness...

....it's March already! There really is no turning back once you start working. Life has been so busy but in really great ways. I love the school that I'm teaching in and I'm finally figuring out how to fit the rest of my life in between. Unfortunately, there's not so much time to blog. The height of my online presence is a few tweets at the weekend and the odd Pinterest bash before bed. I do still find time to journal though, or else I would forget all the wonderful things I think about.

Not very much has happened since Christmas but there's lots of very exciting things coming up. I'll be visiting my parents in Warsaw this week and I'm very much looking forward to a week of relaxation (and shopping!). There's our seemingly annual trip to an Ulster rugby away game in London. I booked my first all-inclusive summer holiday and we fly as soon as school is out for the summer. My beautiful friends Rachael and Simon just got married last week and my cousin/ex-housemate/sister/fellow cupcake and coffee lover and the reason I love the Gilmore Girls has asked me to be her bridesmaid in New York in June.

It feels so good to have good friends and family in your life and it feels good to work hard and be able to do all of these exciting things. I've thought alot recently about all the things I 'should' be doing at 27. Maybe I should be married. Maybe I should be buying my first home. Maybe I should spend my Saturday nights fine dining and drinking in trendy yuppie bars. Maybe I should be so busy at work that I don't have time to sleep. Maybe. I don't know what I 'should' be doing, but I'm definitely happy.

Except for one thing....I'm snowed into my apartment and I have no milk, which means no tea, no coffee and no baking. Seriously....it's March!



No comments:

Post a Comment