June 22, 2015

#careergirlchallenge Day 1

I know all about healthy lifestyles; the key points, the benefits, the struggles. I follow so many instagram and twitter accounts that post 'motivational' quotes and pictures throughout the day. I enjoy planning and pinning a healthy lifestyle, but I haven't gotten around to seeing it through. Lately, I've been feeling very lethargic, un-motivated and so so tired. At the same time I started to follow a great blog, www.careergirldaily.com and I've decided to have a go at their 30 day fitness challenge. My objective? To feel good. Happy. Confident. Motivated.

Today was Day 1. Everybody loves Day 1. I started with hot lemon water instead of my morning coffee. I've actually been doing this one for a while, ever since Lauren Conrad posted about the benefits on her blog. I blended up some raspberry and chia seed jam for the week and brought some gluten-free bread for lunch. I snacked on fruit and nuts and carried my water, infused with blackberries, all day. I cooked up some steak with parsnip chips for dinner and followed the workout plan with my 2 60 sec planks (which I hated) and my 50 crunches. And for a wee sweet treat to finish a good day, I tried a square of dark chocolate which was actually really good.

How do I feel after Day 1? I feel good but I did feel hungry, like I didn't eat enough. So I've planned ahead for tomorrow to see if I can eat at more regular intervals. I continue to feel slightly concerned at how costly these plans can be, keeping cupboards stocked with fresh (and perishable) produce but we'll see if that's something that irons itself out as the month goes on.

Anybody reading? It's not too late to sign up. Anybody else participating? Journal and share about it and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment