July 15, 2015

#careergirlchallenge Day 23

I can't believe it's Day 23! Yesterday I tried a kettle-bell workout. It was 20 minutes long and I really liked it. I don't have a kettle-bell at home so I used a 3kg dumbell instead and it must have worked just fine because I was red in the face, sweaty and I could feel all the movements in just the right places. I don't feel it as much as I thought I would today so I'm going to extend the workout today.



This is the video I used and I cannot recommend this channel enough. I absolutely love it! In the video, you complete 4 circuits of 5 basic moves, starting with 15 reps, then 14, then 13, then 12. Today I'm going to do the same, but work down to 8 reps of each. And see how that feels tomorrow! 

With just 2 weeks til we fly to Lanzarote where the sun is sure to be shining, I've been trying to find some worthwhile additions to my summer wardrobe. Except every single thing I've ordered, I've had to return and every store I've been into is filled with disappointing sale racks. 

Lets take today for instance. River island is one my favorite high street stores but every top or dresse I really liked was covered in make up around the neckline. Do people actually buy these items? It's very frustrating and I left empty handed. I also picked up an online order of 5 items...you'd think at least 1 would be good, right? Wrong. The maxi dress was too long...even with my tallest wedges and the colouring was way off the picture. The playsuit was way out of proportion...bottom half was perfectly cute but there was all this excess material on top, Very strange. The white skinny jeans were not denim and looked like age 12 rather than size 12. The white summer 'dress' literally did not cover my butt. And speaking as somebody who is only 5ft 4in, that is ridiculous. And the flat sandals were actually lovely...until I noticed the big black mark along the top that can't be removed. Seriously?

So now I have to spend the first part of my day tomorrow returning everything and I'm starting to worry about what I actually will wear on holiday. Can anyone empathise?

No comments:

Post a Comment