December 27, 2015

Merry & Happy



Happy Christmas Everyone. I hope your festive period has been and continues to be merry and bright. Mine certainly has.

Christmas creeped up on me a little bit this year and I felt disappointed that I couldn't seem to find the time to do all the festive things I like to do this time of year. I didn't bake Christmas cookies despite the hundreds of ideas I found on Pinterest. I only made 2 coffee cup gift tags for my wrapping. I still haven't watched Elf or Home Alone 2. 

But these are the relatively unimportant things. I've spent time with friends and family, albeit it low key. I have been absolutely spoiled by the ones I love. I've eaten good food and drank lots of wine. 

I was in town yesterday and waiting for my brother to get a coffee to go. An Indian monk approached me. He was giving away books on meditation and yoga but he asked about my karma. Do I have good karma he asked. Now I don't believe in karma, but I said yes. For all the reasons I just mentioned, yes I have good karma. And he said yes, yes I had a feeling you did. 

So despite missing out on a few festive traditions this year, if I'm giving out positive and happy vibes, Christmas has been another success. Good for the soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment