March 30, 2010

I'm writing this while the rage is still fresh. Let's begin with the weather which isn't fresh. It is my Easter break and it is dark, gloomy, stormy, RAINY. I'm not using hairspray anymore because global warming is starting to piss me right off. But I wasn't too bothered about the weather this particular day because my pay check cleared and I was starting to think about putting some stuff together for going away. First stop...Belfast. Multi-storey car park. One space. One jack-ass BMW driver turned the front of his car into a second space but it's ok because the mighty micra is compact to say the least.

At this point I would like to make a confession. I'm not the greatest driver in the world but I can drive forward into a parking place no problem.

So I get into the place, just trying to straighten up best I can. Driver beside me (not the jackass, the other side) conveniently comes back to his car so I wait patiently thinking that when he reverses I'll have more space. He smiles. I smile. It's all very nice UNTIL he reverses and DENTS THE ENTIRE RIGHT SIDE OF MY CAR. The sound was excruciating. All he had to do was reverse in a straight line. Thankfully he wasn't really a moron and kindly gave me all his details.

So thhat was fine. I walked around in the rain thinking how things could have been alot worse. I even got a phone call informing me that I had secured a place on my course for next year which is awesome. I treat myself to a cheeky starbucks and head back to the car. Parking was extortionate, pissed me off a little. Got back to my mighty dented car to find a post-it on my window.

"Why aren't you parked in your box, can't you drive. Fuck you!"

Well. I was pretty angry. First of all, because this anonymous and very rude note writer had no idea what had happened when I parked in my box and because 'big' people in big cars park over two spaces all the time. If I was driving a mighty BMW instead of a micra, I wouldn't have gotten a post it. I probably wouldn't have had a chance of parking in the space either but that is besides the point.

The whole way home I was so stoked to get out of this country because that is an example of one kind of people that live in Belfast.

48 hours and I'll be well on my way to Van City. Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment