April 11, 2010

Hi! I'm back from my first reunion with Vancouver after an unfortunate unplanned break-up and I wanted to find a really cool way to share everything I got up to. When I was watching Marley and Me on the plane, there is a part in the movie where Owen Wilson spends a few minutes telling the audience what's been happening in a series of short sentences. I thought it was a really quirky way to pass a year or so in the movie so I'm going to use the same idea to let y'all know about my week away. It's better if you imagine Owen Wilson reading this!!

Left at 5am last Thursday. First plane to London CANCELLED. Booked it to another airport with Dad to catch another one. Second plane in London delayed. Audio wasn't working at my seat on the plane for 10 hours so watched silent movies. Picked up by great friends. Hugged great friends. Had sushi for dinner, it had been a long time. Jetlagged, super tired. Caught an early night before Good Friday. Tim Horton's for breakfast nom nom! Spent the afternoon waiting for beef ribs to cook for dinner. Exercised my mad potato mashing skills. Good Friday dinner through meetup.com. Met some new people. Picked Ryan up from the airport and hit up Bon's on Broadway for a $3 breakfast. Watched a movie. Made an obnoxiously huge wedding card. Went to a wedding. More great friends. More great hugs. A little bit of dancing and some mental photo's. Church on Sunday. Korean Tofu House for lunch. Great conversation. Waves coffee with a special friend. Dinner with Camp Peace family....highlight! Gelato with great friends. Toby's pub with the same great friends. Hang out with J-unit, my streetleaders and ate more sushi (YES!). Hung out at Trout Lake park and grabbed slurrpies before eating spaghetti and watching Zombieland. Bad movie.

Rule #1: Cardio.

Most amazing morning TV. Hit up the Urban Promise house for the day. Visited Camp Peace, my old stomping ground. Everything had changed lots. It was sad but it was ok. More slurrpies with kids I missed alot. Karaoke and Wazubee's for late night drinks. More coffee with great friends, quick trip to the mall and it's my last night. No 1 Beef Noodle House and bubble tea was really awesome. Relationship lowdowns at Jon's house. Pack up and last minute coffee's. Airports. Planes. Airports. DONE.

Trying to think of a reason I don't live in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment