June 13, 2010

Laura & Doo got married! One entire year of planning around this day, conversations dominated by fun ideas and wedding checklists and it was all over so quickly. But it was really fun. Laura was a seriously beautiful bride and Doo was clearly the happiest dude in the world from the moment Laura walked down the aisle. I've never seen a smile so big. I can't wait to see the photo's Janine Walker took on the beach because Laura chose a stunning color palette.

  One of my favorite parts of the day were the speeches. And not only because I could kick my shoes off underneath the table. Because they were all excellently comical. Both best men had the entire room chuckling from start til finish. Had Steve not mentioned his wife and kids at one point, some may have thought he himself was hoping to marry Doo one day. But Mikey stole the show when he walked slowly to the centre of the top table, while the rest of the room sat in quiet anticipation.

"Fornication" Literally everybody in the room gasped, then laughed, and a moment later...

"For an occasion....." The entire room erupted in laughter. For a Christian wedding, this was the most brilliant opening to a best man's speech I think I've ever heard of. And the rest of the speech was just as brilliant.

I'm genuinely sad that it's over. Laura & Doo are, right this very moment, boarding a plane to Paris where they will hit up Disneyland before they head to the Dominican Republic on their honeymoon.

I miss them already!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment