December 29, 2010

Christmas is over and it feels like it. This year has been another funny one, full of ups and downs and surprises and knock backs but nothing very significant. It's like a busy waiting room. I'm sitting still and I know I'll be seen to soon, I just don't know how long I have to wait and meanwhile, everybody else is coming and going. So I guess I have to find something to do instead of complaining about having to wait so long.

I don't know about you but I don't mind waiting rooms. It's a really good time to plug into your iPod and watch the people around you. It's like choosing to walk instead of driving. Or choosing to stay in on a Friday night. I love to listen to the songs that remind me of people or good times, or songs that motivate me or songs that I have really great day dreams to. I love to send a text to somebody that I haven't spoken to in a long time or take mental notes of interesting things around me that I could write about.

The dips in life can be refreshing experiences because your still learning and you know your peak is going to come. I'm going to get the guy,  and the job and the opportunities to travel and it's all going to be at a time that's right for me. I just have to wait my turn.

But that doesn't mean I don't want things to hurry up just a little; my on-the-go playlist will end at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment