February 25, 2011

There is a first time for everything. For instance, until this week, I had never been forced into writing my blog. I don't often write about specific people because I love the people in my life, and I think it somewhat dis-respectful to talk about them on the world wide web unless it is a worthy dedication. So when I dined with 2 friends this week who were suddenly very interested in snagging a mention, and I explained the house rules, my very unique, very dear friends kindly elected their own anonymous blog names.

Everybody, meet Jeff and Reginald. I bet that without saying much else, these self-assigned names tell you lots about these guys already! I very much hope they marry women who have better taste. And I am aware that by posting a picture, it removes some/all of the anonymity but in this case, I think that's ok.

So where are we? Yes, Jeff and Reginald exist as real people with better names. And if everybody was as interested in what I wrote as they were, I'd be publishing books left, right and centre. We reminisced about school days, which is where we were all fatefully brought together. And there we were, 7 years later drinking coffee. For the first part of the evening, it was all very civilized while we discussed jobs and cars and houses. Zzzzzzz. Then came weddings. Then came gypsy weddings. Then came my very own gypsy wedding and it was back to normal.

Reginald and Jeff, I dedicate this blog entry to you because I hope we will still get together for coffee in another 7 years. (and partially because I know you won't leave me alone until I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment