April 29, 2011



Congrats Wills and Kate.

I will happily admit that, until yesterday evening, I certainly wasn't buying into the royal wedding extravaganza and I was completely unaware of just how many people were. Of course I was happy for the couple; everybody loves to see two people find each other, even if they did get a little lost along the way, and you can't help but respect the couple, Wills especially, for his subtle compassion and dutiful temperament. And Kate, so gently spoken and equally compassionate. But at the end of the day, we, as a nation, would be lying to ourselves if we claimed that we considered the monarchy as relevant as perhaps it should be....

But maybe this is going to change as a result of such an event...I am definitely more of a royalist now than I have ever been or ever thought I would be.

My Grannie kept memorabilia from the coronation of Queen Elizabeth, my parents remember Princess Diana's wedding 30 years ago, and this will be one of the major royal events in my lifetime. My kids will probably be alive for the coronation of the next King, be it Charles or Wills. There is something very comforting about it all, something heart warming. It was refreshing to see tradition take precedence, yet the bishop of London's message was timeless.

"Be who God meant you to be, and you will set the world on fire" - Catherine of Siena

I loved how understated Kate's dress was; conservative and elegant. The trees brought into Westminster Abbey were beautiful and symbolic, and something unique to Kate and Wills day. And I was hooked on the couple the entire time, so private in their affections but with little hints of pure wedded bliss.

Congrats Will and Kate. I look forward to the many, many, many photo's and stories to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment