February 12, 2012

The Rainbow Connection



After a long wait, I finally got to see The Muppets with the very lovely Jason Segal and Amy Adams. And it was not only better than I expected, but exactly what I needed. Not just because the last few movies I have seen have been mediocre at best, but also because I have been feeling frustrated and angry these past few days and Kermit, Animal, Fozzie, Bunsen and Beaker made me feel tonnes better. (The belgian chocolate crepe I enjoyed with my very lovely friend Karen afterwards helped too!)

As a disney fan, I like to see Disney productions do well but I also like to see anything classic prevail over some of the poor modern day attempts at childrens entertainment. The muppets were entertaining audiences a decade before I was born and there I was, 26yrs old, sitting in a packed out cinema thoroughly enjoying this quirky and innocent comedy. Even my brother who is cooler than school laughed out loud. So, if you have lots on your plate and need a time out, go see this movie! Jim Henson often wrote of his ambition to leave the world a little bit better for having been here, and in my opinion, he certainly did.

“I don't know exactly where ideas come from, but when I'm working well ideas just appear. I've heard other people say similar things - so it's one of the ways I know there's help and guidance out there. It's just a matter of our figuring out how to receive the ideas or information that are waiting to be heard.” ~Jim Henson, It's not easy being green: And other things to consider

No comments:

Post a Comment