July 8, 2015

#careergirlchallenge Day 16 update

I can't believe it's Day 16. Summer holidays have started and my first week has been filled with friends and weddings and to-do lists and it's been exciting and relaxing all at the same time.

I'm still challenging myself to get fit but I have veered away from the original plan. My diet is all over the place because my summertime involves so many coffee dates and lunches with friends and dinner date nights but it's the fitness I bought in to. I found that the exercises on the career girl info-graphic didn't take very long so I looked for something more substantial and more sweaty. For instance, today I used my Popsugar Fitness app and I did a 10 minute cardio workout followed by a 10 minute leg workout. On Monday, I tried a 30 minute bikini body workout which incorporated 10 minutes core-work, 10 minutes cardio and 10 minutes working the arms and shoulders. Not everyone will have time for this, but if you do, I highly recommend it. I promise you'll break a sweat and that's how you know it's worthwhile.

I've also tried a new app, Dietbet, inspired by biggest loser contestants Olivia and Hannah from season 11. I loved watching their journey on YouTube last summer so I'm looking forward to trying this out. Basically I've bet £20 that I can lose 7 pounds in 4 weeks and so have 195 other people. That adds up to about £3900. At the end of 4 weeks, this total is split between everybody who achieves their goal. Sounds good to me! As I've said before, it's all about accountability so if you can spare £20, why not try it once?

It's only 3 weeks today before I fly away to Lanzarote so the countdown is on. What's your motivation this summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment